Do you know Dubai? (auf Englisch)
In Dubai wurde 2010 das mit 828 m höchste Gebäude der Welt eingeweiht, der Burj Khalifa. Er wird als Büro- und Hotelturm genutzt und enthält auch Wohnungen. Aber über Dubai gibt es noch mehr zu wissen – und zu welchem Kontinent gehören eigentlich die Arabischen Emirate?
Facts about Dubai
- The economy of the Middle East improved greatly when they discovered oil off the coast.
- The UAE was created in 1971 when the British left the Persian Gulf.
- Dubai is the latest place to begin development; its money has come mostly from international business and tourism.
- There have always been some people in the area, but today the population is growing very fast.
- The population of Dubai was 1,422,000 when the census was taken in 2006.
- Most of the population are non-residents and the average age is about 27.
- There are many exciting developments in Dubai, and it is one of the biggest business markets in the world.
- Oil creates also great wealth in Dubai, but this resource will run out one day.
- Dubai has no natural rivers but it has many deep canyons where ancient rivers were.
- It has many beaches and they attract tourists from all over the world.
- Dubai has the world's tallest free-standing hotel and has built a group of islands off the coast that look like a map of the world.
Reload the page in your browser to see the next questions.
This continent is called ...
Quelle: EF Education First